The hotel tab for President Obama’s recent one-day trip to Brussels during his swing through Europe cost a whopping $1.5 million dollars. That’s just for the hotel he stayed at, and as Jeryl Bier pointed out, it’s routine for his entourage to book rooms in several different hotels. Who knows what he spent on the rest of the trip.
In late March, President Obama took a week-long trip through Europe which included a stop of less than 24 hours in Brussels, Belgium for meetings with the European Union and NATO. The president stayed at The Hotel, a twenty-seven story hotel in the center of the city. The estimated cost for the president’s stay, including about two weeks for an advance team, was $1,522,646.36. (Read More)
Update: The Daily Mail tracked down two more requisitions, one for another hotel and one for limousine rentals, bringing the cost of the Brussels stop up to $2.9 million.
Shock on Capitol Hill as Obama’s one-night stay in Brussels cost a whopping $2.9 MILLION – just for hotels and rental cars!
- The U.S. president spent a single night in Belgium’s capital, but taxpayers of both countries are on the hook for millions
- His brief stay required the use of 387 rooms, and 143 rental cars from a luxury limousine service
- Obama took three planes and 45 vehicles – including his personal armored Cadillac limo – on a six-day trip to four foreign countries
- Air Force One now costs more than $228,000 PER HOUR to operate
- ‘Are you kidding me?’ said one astonished congressional aide, while another called it ‘disgusting’ (Read More)