Today in New York state there are a number of propositions on the ballot to amend the state constitution. Here are the links for each proposal.
- Proposal 1 | Authorizing Casino Gaming
- Proposal 2 | Additional Civil Service Credit for Veterans with Disabilities Certified Post-Appointment
- Proposal 3 | Exclusion of Indebtedness Contracted for Sewage Facilities
- Proposal 4 | Settling Disputed Title in the Forest Preserve
- Proposal 5 | In Relation to a Land Exchange in the State Forest Preserve with NYCO Minerals, Inc.
- Proposal 6 | Increasing Age until which Certain State Judges Can Serve
I haven’t had a whole lot of time to get into each one. Many conservative groups are urging people to vote no on each one. The state Conservative Party recommends the following:
Prop 1 – NO
Prop 2 – YES
Prop 3 – NO
Prop 4 – YES
Prop 5 – YES
Prop 6 – NO
From the research I’ve done I’m in agreement with their recommendations.
No matter where you live don’t forget to get out and vote. People tend to overlook local elections, but local elections are just as important as the national ones.