“To basically eradicate assault weapons from our streets in New York as quickly as possible is something the people of this state want and it’s an important thing to do. It is an emergency,” Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver told CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.
Sources told Kramer the deal worked out by the Legislature is wide ranging, but it starts with assault weapons.
“We are going to ban assault weapons. We are going to eliminate all of the loopholes that existed previously,” Silver said.
The new state legislation will:
* Limit ammunition clips to seven. It’s now 10
* Force gun owners to renew their licenses every five years
* Stiffen penalties for using a gun in the commission of a crime
* Stiffen penalties for bringing a gun on school property
* New restrictions on the assault weapons already owned by New Yorkers (Read More)
They act like the lunatics who go out and commit these crimes follow their laws. Good grief. Oh, and there is no hope that the state senate will stop this. What a place – it’s like they’re trying to drive all of the law abiding, productive citizens out of this state.